bubbasnow

e3d cyclops

Im rollin lcnc with mk, and my extruder steppers are A and B, previously i would just change E to A with a post script for compatibility.. but now with cyclops its a different ball game. I am able to say extruder 1 is A and extruder 2 is B using the new kisslicer and get some pretty good multi material prints. has anyone found an easy solution for this?
Last edited by bubbasnow on Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JFettig

Re: e3d chimera

Did you try the "use independent extruder axes" check box under "G-Code"?
TenKOhms

I'm not sure I quite 100% understand the issue you're having, but for general use with the chimera:

Two extruders in the extruder tab, one extruder temperature controller in the temperature tab.

For dual extrusion with linuxcnc or a firmware that use's A's and B's use the post processing scripts:
{TOOL0REPLACE "E" "A"}
{TOOL1REPLACE "E" "B"}
JFettig

Where do we find information on additional post processing scripts?
JoeJ

There is a really awesome tip of the day on this: http://forum.simplify3d.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1959
bubbasnow

Thanks for the tip and link... that was a good read!!
bubbasnow

OK here is with these recommended settings and my first attempt... holy cow that looks really good with no tweaking yet.

extruder A was clear and doing the exterior. extruder B was brown doing infill.
habloIngles

Looks really promising! May be a bit off topic... but could you post some pics of your chimera set up! :mrgreen:
JFettig

For some baseline settings if you need them, I'm running 6mm retract at 50mm/s(ABS), 1mm lift, .1mm coast, 5mm wipe. Under advanced, I do a 8mm tool change retract at 30mm/s and it rarely drules.

The one thing I don't like is if using one nozzle, you should keep the other hot because if it bangs into something, its better to melt rather than loose steps!
KeyboardWarrior

JFettig wrote:For some baseline settings if you need them, I'm running 6mm retract at 50mm/s(ABS), 1mm lift, .1mm coast, 5mm wipe. Under advanced, I do a 8mm tool change retract at 30mm/s and it rarely drules.

The one thing I don't like is if using one nozzle, you should keep the other hot because if it bangs into something, its better to melt rather than loose steps!
I thought the Chimera has one heat block, so both nozzles would be hot. Also, you could use retraction vertical lift if this is a common problem.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”