jwellman

Multiple Printer Support (Makerbot and RepRap)?

Hey All,
I just finished building a second printer (a 1.5x Kossel) my other printer is a FlashForge Creator (MakerBot Replicator Dual Clone).

It seems that S3D can only have 1 firmware type that is set in the Tools>>Firmware Configuration area. Which means I have to flip back and forth between my 2 printers each time I move between them. Everything else is saved with the FFF Settings so I'm wondering if maybe it's possible to have the Firmware Configuration saved there too? Am I missing something or is this feature missing?

Thanks,
Jared
JoeJ

Re: Multiple Printer Support (Makerbot and RepRap)?

The reason it is separate is because lots of people have the same printer (same hardware) but load different firmware on the device. So there are separate settings for the machine settings versus the firmware commands. For example, I know people who are running their Rep1's off of LinuxCNC controllers. This also means that you can easily share your machine-specific settings with someone while still allowing them to use their own firmware choice.
jwellman

Re: Multiple Printer Support (Makerbot and RepRap)?

I can see that, but it makes it a pretty annoying task if you have 2 different printers to keep flipping back and forth between firmware types. Not only that but I also have to choose the machine type for the Makerbot or else my HBP doesn't get activated. I can't tell you how many times I've forgotten this in the past couple of days.

It would be nice if I could just override the value in the Firware Settings dialog with something from the FFF Settings. There's already a section under scripts about generating .x3g. Seems this could live right there.

Thanks,
Jared

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”