Kitacooch

Loading Projects Bug

Hi there fellow printers, I'm not sure what is going on but just recently i have been having issues loading projects, now i thought it must be my drawings but after checking them with no joy, i tried loading previously printed projects and keep getting same error. Originally last week it was only intermittent but now it seems to be permanent. i can't load any projects at all, the project panel left side says they are there but they don't appear on screen nor do they a[pear if i just continue to print preview. As i upload i get an error that it is too small would i like to covert to mm but rather way doesn't work??
Anyone else had this issue?
Kitacooch

Re: Loading Projects Bug

Now it will let me load 1 model but when i load a second it drops over the top of the first but hides it. If you move the project with hot keys you can see it but as soon as you release the key it vanishes again?? When i add the 3rd i get the size error again. Got me stuffed what going on.
habloIngles

Do you have any test files we could try out? Also, which CAD package are you using? I import models I create with OpenSCAD all the time and have no scaling issues
Kitacooch

Hi and thanks for your reply, its still intermittent, i just keep trying until it eventually works. i have found that it will either load but not be visible or i will get the too small error. If i get the too small error i have to delete and try again, once i have the project or projects loaded whether visible or not i then have to quit S3D and re launch. Upon re-launch i hope to see the projects or projects, sometimes it works fist go sometimes take a few goes. Very strange as has been working fine from the start until now. I am using Tinkered for my drawings. Its also worth noting i am on the mac version of S3D.
jimc

It sounds to me like its not always catching that the model is too small so sometimes it asks you to scale and sometimes it doesnt and drop the tiny model anyway. If you always model in inches then in prefrences you can set inches to the default. If not i would suggest scaling these models up in your cad software.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”