Wolfie

Trouble with Dual Extruders on Taz 5

First, why is there no FFF for Taz 5? Its got a different hot end with different limits than T4. Anyway..

I went thorugh the set up by Lulz using slicr and pronterface and measuring the squares' centering. They are centerd to within .01mm (closest I can measure with digital calipers). Insane method if you ask me. So, I presumed I would be good to go in S3D.

Not so much.

I put this in the start Gcode for both orange and white processes..

Code: Select all

G28 ; home all axes
M218 T1 X0.685 Y-51.705 ; Offset for Second Extruder Head 
Those numbers are directly copy pasted from slicr's Extruder 2 panel.

At first, I thought it might be because I had it in two processes it was doubling. That can't be as the offset is clearly not 51+mm in the X. The maximum distance appears to be at about 11'oclock so its not 45deg off nor uniformly off in both X and Y.

So, whats wrong and what did I do incorrectly? And, more importantly, how do I fix this to get it to line up? I guess I could make a square model that has a few layers of each color on top of each other (like the cone) but that seems wasteful of filament.
JoeJ

Re: Trouble with Dual Extruders on Taz 5

First, I would make sure that the M218 command is actually making a difference. If you run a quick test print with very different XY values in the M218 command, you should be able to see the affect. Once you verify that it is working, then you just have to find the correct values to use.

If the M218 command DOESNT work, then you can use their G-Code offsets, although that will make the gcode look ugly since it is literally offset in space. Try the M218 command first.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”