madeinoz

BUG: Support layers stopping 1 layer multi processes

Hi Guys,

When using more than 1 process I'm finding that the support layer is stopping 1 layer short of the top of the current process, this is causing problems with the next process.

using version 2.2.2 OS X

See screen shot of where two processes begin/end
Screen Shot 2015-03-14 at 8.54.58 am.png
Screen Shot 2015-03-14 at 8.56.22 am.png
madeinoz

Re: BUG: Support layers stopping 1 layer multi processes

Here is factory file incase I'm doing something completely wrong
Attachments
RoofRack.factory
(284.51 KiB) Downloaded 206 times
SockMonkey

madeinoz wrote:Here is factory file incase I'm doing something completely wrong
If I'm looking at this correctly, the Top/Bottom Nylon processes are for the support material (second extruder) and the process, "Process 1" is for the model, right? I turned off support generation on the Process 1

In the "Bottom Nylon" process, in the support tab, set the Upper Vertical Separation Layers to 0, and in the "Top Nylon" process, set the Bottom Vertical Separation Layers in the support tab to 0.
Screen Shot 2015-03-14 at 12.03.36 PM.png
madeinoz

SockMonkey wrote:
madeinoz wrote:Here is factory file incase I'm doing something completely wrong
If I'm looking at this correctly, the Top/Bottom Nylon processes are for the support material (second extruder) and the process, "Process 1" is for the model, right? I turned off support generation on the Process 1

In the "Bottom Nylon" process, in the support tab, set the Upper Vertical Separation Layers to 0, and in the "Top Nylon" process, set the Bottom Vertical Separation Layers in the support tab to 0.
Screen Shot 2015-03-14 at 12.03.36 PM.png
Not the two processors were for the same extruder, I wanted to speed things up on the solid layers. So just one extruder for support and model, both nylon.
palawanisland

might be :
check edit process setting -> support tab -> seperation from part group -> upper / lower vertical separation..
madeinoz

palawanisland wrote:might be :
check edit process setting -> support tab -> seperation from part group -> upper / lower vertical separation..
Thanks for that will test the setting

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”