jwellman

Spiral Vase disregards min layer time

Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:23 pm

I was printed some rockets that terminate in a fine pointed using the spiral vase method and noticed that at the tip the print speed was not slowing down. I had assumed that the "adjust printing speed for layers below" setting would still have been used but apparently not?

This left the tip of the rocket wobbly and deformed as the layer below was still pretty molten. Is there a way to enforce min layer time when you're not really using layers such as with the spiral vase? The rest of the print looks great...things just get ugly in the last 5mms at the tip.

Thanks,
Jared

JoeJ

Re: Spiral Vase disregards min layer time

Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:28 am

I believe spiral vase mode already uses the cooling settings (and I just verified this with a few sample gcode files). Are you sure the problem isn't that you are running into the minimum speed reduction that you have allowed? There is a setting labeled "allow speed reductions down to ___ %". If that settings is too high, the software won't be able to slow down the print anymore, so it will look like it is staying at a constant speed, however, that's just because you hit the minimum limit.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”