andre

Gap in bridge

Noticed that a gap is produced in the bridge layer. This example starts printing from the bottom-right bridge infill, and it fills everything in except for that vertical gap near the left-most green line. Almost seems like a rounding error...
S3D_BridgeGap.jpg
This is at .40 nozzle size and .48 extrusion multiplier. If I go below (.47 and under) or above (.49 and over), the bridge infill changes to 45deg angle and fills in correctly. At .48, it does a linear bridge fill with a gap. Obviously, if I change the size of that section, the above does not hold true. Seems like the specific dimension of this bridge filling area causes this anomaly.
DarthRevan

Re: Gap in bridge

Have you tried changing your infill outline overlap percentage? It is strange that it only creates a gap on the one side.
andre

That affects it. I am at 50%. Went down to 10%, but then a new gap is left on the other end. Hmm...
jimmybuckets

You answered your question. The extrusion width does not evenly divide into that space. Since s3d can not change extrusion width on its own to accommodate these situations, this is what you are left with.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”