Linas_capas

Supports wraping up

Hello everyone. I have just upgraded to simplify3d, but I am facing major issue. On first layer, when i print "zigzag" support, when direction change happens, my filament seems to wrap up in that corner. So i get a zigzag with for example right corners wraped. I have tried to lower the nozzle as much as possible, still the same thing. Any ideas? Thanks
JoeJ

Re: Supports wraping up

You could try lower the speed at which the support structures are printed. Click "edit process settings", select Other tab, and lower the Support Structure Underspeed setting.
Linas_capas

JoeJ wrote:You could try lower the speed at which the support structures are printed. Click "edit process settings", select Other tab, and lower the Support Structure Underspeed setting.
I tried doing that, still same thing. Here are few photos:
Attachments
qqqq.jpg
qq.jpg
KC_703

Is there a pattern to which corner warps up?

Here are some ideas:
- Try re-leveling the bed... maybe one side is lower than the other resulting in poor adhesion
- Increase the first layer extrusion temp. Given you have good adhesion, a higher temp will help the filament stay molten and lay on the bed
- Figure out how to get better adhesion. With ABS this could be an ABS slurry, with PLA it could be hairspray or gluestick...

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”