horst.w

Didn't print raft

Hi @ all.

I have to print out an objekt with skirt, raft and support.
The preview mode shows all as well but the gcode begins without skirt/raft at a high of Z = 1.65 mm

I have no idea what happens.

Attachments - 3 pcs and factory-file

Horst, GER
PreviewMode-RAFT.jpg
PreviewMode.jpg
PreviewMode.jpg (11.48 KiB) Viewed 3337 times
GCode-Layer1.jpg
TenKOhms

Re: Didn't print raft

attach the actual g-code and factory file for people to take a look through
horst.w

horst.w wrote:Hi @ all.

Attachments - 3 pcs and factory-file

I had attached the facrory-file but where is it ???

A new one here from this object, but it is not the same (SD formatted after writing to this forum)! Now the gcode shows for layer 1 Z = 0.6.
I would say, when Z = 1.65 is a fault and prints in plein air, then Z = 0.6 is also a fault. I can't test it because I'm not at home (next thuesday), but the the max distance my Mankati can print is 0.4 mm.
Distance bed / nozzle = .15 mm, layer high = 0.15 and FirstLayer 80% = 0.12 ; total 0.27 mm

H.
Attachments
SeitenteilTopLinks_fixed.gcode
(2.64 MiB) Downloaded 201 times
SeitenteilTopLinks_fixed.factory
(36.79 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
horst.w

Problem is nearly solved !!!

I have found out what is causing the fault, but not the reason why S3D has such a reaction and doesn't print the raft.

It is a drawn rectangle in the workplane-level outside the object. But it is not a surface, it has no height or depth and no capacity. I can not tag it and therefore I can not delete it. And I can not see it in the normal volume-mode, only in the grid-mode of ViaCAD. Only copying the main object in a new workplane had solved this problem.

Why S3D does not perceive this alien-objekt when in repair-mode or in preview-mode but does not print the raft instead I have still no idea.
jimc

bad models cause all kinds of unexpected results. s3d has to have a good, watertight model.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”