eranglr

Over Extrusion when using dual extruder

Hi,

When slicing using a dual extruder settings VS single extruder, I get different extrusion results for the bottom/top layers.

I'm attaching an example g.codes, go to line 1644 and see that -
single-extruder file is at position E123.6188
dual extruder file is at position of E269.8224

So - when printing with single head, the part comes great, but when using a dual head (using a sparse infill feature), the bottom and top layer are way over extrusion (as you can see - twice).

Just to be clear, all I changed when slicing is when going from single to dual, I've changed 'infill extruder' to be the second one (T1).
Attachments
Dull-extruder (1).gcode
Dual Extruder
(331.38 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
Single extruder (1).gcode
Single Extruder
(323.71 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
eranglr

Re: Over Extrusion when using dual extruder

I must say that this is a MAJOR issue, since dual printing is not possible (when using different nozzle diameters).
According to simplify3d, it should have been possible, and this is one of the main reason for me to try simplify3d in the first place.
I would really appreciate some kind of fix for this bug.

Thanks
Eran
SphereNoob

if you're getting half extrusion, try doubling the infill extrusion width. So if it's 100%, bump it up to 200%. You will also want to increase your infill % if you bump up the infill extrusion width
eranglr

That's won't help!
There's a major bug in Simplify3d: when one print using dual extruder with two DIFFERENT nozzles, the bottom/top layers are over-extruded.
In a complicated file (not a cube), it will be MESSY to go and fix manually the g-code file.

Simplify3D had announced that they had partnered with Tumaker (https://www.simplify3d.com/tumaker-laun ... d-printer/) - a new kind of 3d printer capable of printing with two different nozzles sizes, well - judging this bug, this printer never made a single dual-print using simplify3d software...

Simplify3D Team also tells that it is possible here: "Another interesting use for multiple extruders is using a different material for the infill sections of your model. For example, your primary nozzle could use a diameter of 0.35mm and your infill extruder might have a larger diameter of 0.6mm. This allows you to very quickly print the interior sections of your model allowing for must faster prints without sacrificing surface quality."

I know that there are always bugs and things needed to repair in software/hardware, but when you see that there's a compay that claim to uses simplify3d for their printer (which couldn't work for their extruder), well...
BaudR8

you're using a 0.35mm nozzle set to .94 extrusion multiplier and an extrusion width of .4 for your shells. you're infill nozzle is .6mm (almost double your perimeter nozzle) + extrusion multiplier of 1.14, and extrusion width of .72 plus you have sparse infill turned on to print infill every 3 layers. The difference in extrusion you're seeing between the two files makes sense. If your infill extruder is over extruding turn a few settings down. comparing the two files, (i only checked the first couple layers) the bottom solid layers are identical
eranglr

That's not the problem.

There's a bug (Joey approve it) that causes Simplify3d to over extrude ONLY on the bottom/top layer, and ONLY in the infill (not the perimeters), so there's a difference from the infill to the perimeters.

This is a BUG not a false settings (again - as Joey approved it).

Now we need to wait for a fix..
JoeJ

Who is Joey?
eranglr

Joey Kramer from Simplify3D, here's his email - joey@simplify3d.com
JoeJ

Oh ok, well they have a lot of people who do customer support, but I'm sure he will pass it along to the development team

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”