Dssguy1

Perimeter Slow Down - Only Once, Not extra each perimeter

Maybe I am wrong but I think S3D is slowing down the perimeters by the percentage you input in the profile for every successive perimeter.

Meaning this:

If I put 4 perimeters on a part and I drop to 50% under-speed for perimeters, the first inside perimeter slows down to 50%, then the next one slows down to 50% of 50%, and then the third slows down to 50% of 50% of 50%, etc etc.

If I have more than 1 perimeter, I only want it to slow down a single time to 50% and run them all that speed. Don't slow down more for every extra perimeter I have. Anybody else experiencing this?
KeyboardWarrior

Re: Perimeter Slow Down - Only Once, Not extra each perimete

Dssguy1 wrote:Maybe I am wrong but I think S3D is slowing down the perimeters by the percentage you input in the profile for every successive perimeter.

Meaning this:

If I put 4 perimeters on a part and I drop to 50% under-speed for perimeters, the first inside perimeter slows down to 50%, then the next one slows down to 50% of 50%, and then the third slows down to 50% of 50% of 50%, etc etc.

If I have more than 1 perimeter, I only want it to slow down a single time to 50% and run them all that speed. Don't slow down more for every extra perimeter I have. Anybody else experiencing this?
This makes sense for 4 perimeters at 50%, since that could result in a significant amount of time throughout the print. However, for 2 perimeter prints, I think that keeping it at the underspeed would be important for both perimeter outlines to ensure a well printed perimeter.
Dssguy1

Re: Perimeter Slow Down - Only Once, Not extra each perimete

I agree the underspeed is important. I am saying that even with 2 perimeters, the inside perimeter is running at 50% and then the next (outer) perimeter is running even slower. Why is there a progressively slower and slower underspeed instead of just following the 50% I told it to run.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”