ScootnDoodle

First Layer Issues

Hello fellow creators,

I just got my M2 a couple weeks ago and after some calibration my prints have been coming out pretty nice. However, when I slice models with Creator, my first layer is not quite solid. When I print the pre-loaded models, the first layer comes out nice n' solid with a glossy finish. I've adjusted nearly all the settings and I'm currently running tomlombardi's settings. Here's a photo of the issue:

Does anyone know whats going on?
chuck12

Re: First Layer Issues

I can't be certain but it appears to me you are printing with the raft option turned on.
ScootnDoodle

The raft option was off. I did have some stick issues due to printing about 5 calibration cubes before this one, however, they all had this same first layer issue.
sir-mike

Hi,

you should check your Z-zero it might be more than your layer height or your z-offset in creator is to high.

Michael
ScootnDoodle

I just checked the z-offset, and its at 0. I'll recalibrate the z-zero for the next print, but with the current calibration, Creator sliced models printed the first layer differently than the pre-loaded.
ScootnDoodle

For comparison, here's the glider model pre-sliced and printed with the same calibration as the calibration pyramid below it.

jd_3d

I've had the same problem and sent the issue to the tech team. This happens when you use a manual extrusion width (which I need to control certain things). They said they are working on a fix for the next version that will use the proper path spacing for that first layer.
ScootnDoodle

I've had the same problem and sent the issue to the tech team. This happens when you use a manual extrusion width (which I need to control certain things). They said they are working on a fix for the next version that will use the proper path spacing for that first layer.
This makes sense, I had a feeling it was a program issue.

I just printed a pyramid with Slic3r and it is pretty much flawless... and Slic3r is free :|
Clayton

This is only a problem with the very first layer and was just due to conflicting settings. For example, setting a manual extrusion width and then changing other properties that "should" affect this width (but didn't because it was manually set).

Try setting your first layer height to 100% and then using the z-offset on the G-Code tab if you want to lower the head more to squish the filament on the first layer. Or you could use auto extrusion width.
rklosinski

I have a similar issues on my M2 with abs EXCEPT i did not use the manual extrusion option. Will this be corrected or can I get a refund? My Z-height is set to .1mm and I just re-checked it.
Attachments
space between layers too big.
space between layers too big.
Last edited by rklosinski on Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”