kjhuebner

Options - Machine tab data is getting reset

Mon May 18, 2015 8:00 pm

A month ago...
For all my Processes, under the GCode tab, I CHECKED "Update Machine Definitions".
and set the YAxis Origin Offset = 137
I saved a factory file.

A week ago...For all my Processes, under the GCode tab, I UNCHECKED "Update Machine Definitions".
Then in the Tools | Options | Machine tab menu,
I set the YAxis Origin Offset = 100
I saved a factory file.

The Origin Offset worked fine for printing until...

I loaded an old factory file saved a month ago to review conditions from the previous month.

I then wanted to return to conditions from a week ago...
So I loaded the factory file saved a week ago.
But now the YAxis Origin Offset=137 again!

This is very irksome when "some" of the Simplify3D parameters (e.g., YAxis Origin Offset) does not consistently restore to the saved configuration.

PROBLEM:

What must be happening is, the factory file saved a month ago when loaded today, reset the YAxis Origin Offset because the Process has the "Update Machine Definitions" override checkbox CHECKED.

Then when the factory file saved last week when loaded today, CANNOT reset the YAxis Origin Offset because the Process has the "Update Machine Definitions" override checkbox UNCHECKED.

PATHETIC SOLUTION:

I have to repeat what I did last week.

In the Tools | Options | Machine tab menu,
I have to reset the YAxis Origin Offset = 100

And every time I load an older factory file, I will have to reset again and again!

I wish there was a global configuration that would restore ALL parameters in Simplyfy3D. Otherwise, Simplyfy3D is a guessing game when it comes to assuring consistent behavior.
Ack!!

Ken Huebner
Product Developer

DarthRevan

Re: Options - Machine tab data is getting reset

Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:58 pm

Sounds to me like the option is working the way it's supposed to. Does the offset you have saved in your old factory files make them print incorrectly? If so, why would you save the factory file with the intent of reuse?

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”