Peter Stoneham

add new support structures bug

I am a new user - literally downloaded the program today, however, I am very familiar with slicing programs and am really liking all the features.
I am, however, having major issues adding support pillars to my model - removing them is no problem.
As you approach the model with a pillar in tow it suddenly disappears from view!
Occasionally if the orientation of the model is just right you can add one or two to the periphery, however, it is almost impossible to add any internal support.
I have searched the forum and only one person that I can see has had this problem and someone suggested flipping the z-axis - not quite sure what they mean by that. I look forward to any ideas people have on this buggy looking problem.
AndersE

Re: add new support structures bug

I have not tried this in 3.0, but in previous versions i had the same problem.

If there is a hole or window in the model you can "look into" (by rotating the view), then it is possible to add supports inside a model. But even if you change the view to cross-section it is was not possible to add supports inside. I don't know how it is in v3.0, but if it the same i would be dissapointed.
Rebekah_harper

Re: add new support structures bug

He might of meant when use the cross sectional view.
If you set it there is a flip function so it cuts the other way.
Adding support can not be done in preview though.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”