vOidward

Infill angles don't work top/bottom solid layers

I seem to remember custom infill angles working fine in 2x versions. Now it seems that if there are a set number of top/bottom solid layers custom infill angles will no longer will affect those.
jimc

Re: Infill angles don't work top/bottom solid layers

i never did much messing around with infill angles on the older versions but i seem to remember the infill angles only applied to interior infill, not the top and bottom surfaces. i could most definitely be wrong though
vOidward

Re: Infill angles don't work top/bottom solid layers

I might be wrong but I seem to remember all my profiles having bottom/top fill layers and still being able to control how the infill pattern appeared on top previously with those settings.

It's fixable by just disabling top/bottom fill layer and setting infill to 100, but it really comes off like a bug and it's quite confusing why it doesn't work initially. I only realized what was happening half way through writing my post.

If it's working as intended, I'd advise putting a note in the tooltip or in at the botton of the infill angles box that it does not affect solid bottom/top fill layers because the average user will just discount this is non-functional and be frustrated before moving on.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”