nxumdon

Dual Extrusion with a non-standard printer...type 'other'

Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:27 am

Hi
I've got a rigidbot printer setup with dual extruders and have been trying to get s3d to work with this but the dual extrusion wizard says I do not have a profile that allows for dual extrusion even though I've got both extruders defined in my printer...any advice?

Thanks

kkesler

Re: Dual Extrusion with a non-standard printer...type 'other

Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:18 pm

I'm having the same problem at work with our 3DP1000. I'm having some amount of success by creating 2 processes and selecting a different extruder as the primary extruder in each process. There is also a button in each process that lets you select which model the settings will be applied to which you need to use to make sure that each process is assigned to the correct model.
This is definitely a workaround though and not ideal...
Please let me know if you make any progress!
-Kevin

JoeJ

Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:44 am

Read this: https://www.simplify3d.com/support/version-3-0-faqs/

Specifically the section about importing a profile that doesn't work with dual extrusion wizard

nxumdon

Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:43 am

What I ended up doing to get around this was take one of the printers that are on the list, like the printrbot dual, and then just editing the machine settings to match my build area and such...now the dual extrusion wizard works :)

Thanks

jpod

Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:01 pm

I'm having the same issue. The suggested work around of using an existing dual extruder printer and modifying it are a one shot deal for me. If I choose another machine that supports dual extruders, I can set the machine parameters once, but then they revert each and every time I import a new model (e.g. the build plate volume, extruder offsets, etc. all get lost). This also appears to occur if I simply close and reopen the program. This is really a pain if I must do it each and every time :( . Is there a solution to creating an "other" dual extruder profile that will retain the machine settings? Can we create a copy of the "base" profile and edit it (I could not find where these files are stored)?

Holy1

Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:49 pm

Once you get everything reconfigure from an existing dual printer profile you can export it as a profile and save it locally. This is what I did after I accidentally erased the one I was using.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”