claydough

FF Creator Pro - Right Extruder

Hi,

Newbie here. I just got my FF Creator Pro last week and have successfully made several prints with my left extruder using Simplify3D. When I tried to do one on my right extruder, after it drops some filament off the platform and some on it, it then goes to make the model, but nothing is sticking to the platform and it just balls up the ABS until I stop the print. I ran a test print with the right extruder and also tried the same model with Replicator G with no problem, so I don't think it is a hardware or leveling issue. I have to believe I'm missing something in the config of Simplify3D.

Any ideas? Thanks for your help!

--Clay
Last edited by claydough on Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
claydough

Re: FF Creator Pro - Right Extruder

After a couple of more tweaks, I got it to work by adding a raft. I printed this: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:776532

I followed the instructions of printing him upside down. I then made him larger, but his shoulders were a mess.
Narg

I'm having similar issues with S3D 3.x and a FF Dreamer. The right extruder just doesn't like this slicer. Really disappointed in S3D at this point.
JoeJ

If the plastic isn't sticking on the first layer, then it's almost a guarantee that you still need to make some adjustments to the first layer position (typically moving the nozzle a bit closer to the bed). It's really easy to do this in the software, just click "edit process settings", select the G-Code tab, and then decrease the Z-axis gcode offset. For example, if it was zero previously, make it -0.05mm. That will move the nozzle 0.05mm closer to the bed, which will help a lot if the plastic was not sticking. You can also decrease the "first layer speed" setting on the Layer tab if you want it to print a bit slower for the first layer only.

S3D also has a tutorial on the subject if you want to get more help: https://www.simplify3d.com/support/tuto ... rst-layer/
claydough

Joe...you are my 3D printing guru. It's official. :D

Thanks for the pro tip!

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”