spineytoad

Print randomly stops

I upgraded to windows 10 and now S3D will randomly stop at least once during a print, if I hit pause in the control panel and the hit resume the print continues. I didn't do this before with windows 8.1. It doesn't loose communication since I can pause and resume. Doing this isn't a good fix due to the blob that is left over. Also, this is printed directly through USB, which has worked fine for prints over 20 hours.
thanks
DarthRevan

Re: Print randomly stops

Hi spineytoad ,

This same issue was discussed two days ago. This is a windows 10 serial connection issue that, to the best of my knowledge, has yet to be remedied. Hopefully you can print from SD card until it is fixed or I believe Windows 10 allows undoing the upgrade within the first 30 days.

windows-10-issues-driver-won-t-run (Not specific issue to smoothie board but it is prevalent)

I keep waiting for this issue to be resolved as I have, thankfully, not upgraded to Windows 10 yet.

-DarthRevan
pcenginefx

Yep, I've gotten this issue as well with my printer setup (was working fine with Win8.1) after upgrading to Win10. Will be rolling back but I have print orders to get done! :\
alt

same issue here on windows 10. Hopefully a fix comes soon, I hate printing from SD
pcenginefx

I just rolled back to Win8.1 to fix the issue....just go to your settings > recovery area and super easy to roll back.
Teejay187

I have the same problem. If I slice a model and try to print, it sometimes stops at the exact same place. It started around the time I upgraded to version 3

Troubleshooting I have done:

Upgraded to Win10 from 8.1 : Did not fix the issue
Tried reinstalling drivers: Did not fix the issue
Updated to 3.0.2: Did not fix the issue
Disabled verbose and Live Preview tracking: Nope
Printing from SD card: Seems OK, but it is more hassle than I am ready to deal with on a daily basis.

However I tried printing with Repetier Host and it prints without issues, so I have stopped troubleshooting and I am waiting for a fix from S3D.

Printer specs:

RigidBot
Rumba controller
Teejay187

Tried the Pause/Resume thing. That worked great! Problem is still there though, but now I can minimize the blobs :)
Teejay187

Any update? The pause/resume only delays the problem for about 30 seconds. Then it stops again. After it resumes after the second delay, it never stops again during the print.
jimc

no i am currently running a the insider preview for the release the rest of the public will see soon and the usb problem is still there. i only have ever gotten one stop though. never more than that.
Teejay187

jimc wrote:no i am currently running a the insider preview for the release the rest of the public will see soon and the usb problem is still there. i only have ever gotten one stop though. never more than that.
One stop each print or?

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”