22MIL2DAY

CAN'T PROGRAM PART

I cannot program any parts for some reason. The scale of the viewing window is incorrect. I place or try to place parts on the printer bed to program and write the G code but a 200mm part appears to be 285mm and hangs off the print bed. Also I am unable to accurately position the parts. Even when I do get them to post out when I view the program it fills in where it should not and then doesn't fill where it should. Currently I am unable to program even the simplest parts. This is the 1st time I am having these problems. I did check the parts in my CAD system (Pro/e) and they are correct to scale and are the correct dimensions. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
jimc

Re: CAN'T PROGRAM PART

double click the part on the bed and make sure scaling is set at 1. also make sure your bed size is set correctly to match your printer.
dalew8abz
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio USA (4 mi. from MakerGear HQ!)

22MIL,

Might also zip through the options in the Repair menu, just in case there are some lurking artifacts, non-manifold stuff, etc.

It doesn't sound like a units of measure thing though. In./mm. would leave stuff off by a factor of 25.4. 285/200 = 1.425 sounds closer to a square root of 2 (1.414) or 10/7 (1.429) ratio. Nothing comes to mind there.

Sorry I can't help with the CAD side, though. Most of my work has been done in OpenSCAD....

Dale
22MIL2DAY

Thanks for the replies, I will give it a try this afternoon.
22MIL2DAY

The scale was off on the print bed and I have adjusted it. The software is working better now. Thanks for the help

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”