sydios

Extruder temperature drop in v. 3.02

Hi,

i have a issue with the new Version. When i print something with 220°C the temperature drops after the first layer.
But in the settings i have only one layer with 220°C like described it should be good for all layers. (see picture)

Temp drop

In the old v.2 i don't have this issue.

Any ideas?

thanks
Attachments
Stock Shoulder Pad.gcode
(2.37 MiB) Downloaded 253 times
JoeJ

Re: Extruder temperature drop in v. 3.02

There are no temperature commands in your gcode file besides the one at the beginning that sets the left extruder to 220C. So this doesn't appear to be a problem with your gcode or the software.

So I think you have 3 options now
- Something in octoprint is sending a temperature command and over-riding what S3D set in the gcode (unlikely)
- Octoprint is monitoring the temperature of the wrong extruder. Since you have only heated up the left extruder, perhaps octoprint is actually showing you the temperature of the right extruder, which isn't being used. Since S3D turns off the right extruder, I'm not surprised to see the temp dropping if that extruder was previously heated up
- Something on the bot itself (i.e. the firmware) is causing the temperature to change, maybe a max temperature limit or something similar

Hope that helps!
sydios

Hmm thanks. But this problem came up with the new software. When i use the old version of Simplify it works without problem.
Please see the attached gcode.

thanks
Attachments
Stock Shoulder Pad_old.gcode
(2.52 MiB) Downloaded 239 times
JoeJ

Ok, well did you look through the gcode yourself? As I mentioned, there's nothing wrong with the temperature commands. In fact, they are identical between your old gcode and the new one

v2.2.2

(at start of print)
M104 S0 T0
M104 S220 T1
M109 S220 T1

(at end of print)
M104 S0 T0 ; turn off right extruder
M104 S0 T1 ; turn off left extruder

v3.0.2

(at start of print)
M104 S0 T0
M104 S220 T1
M109 S220 T1

(at end of print)
M104 S0 T0 ; turn off right extruder
M104 S0 T1 ; turn off left extruder

The only difference I see is related to your heated bed. On 3.0.2 you enabled the "wait for temperature controller to stabilize" option for the bed, where it was disabled for 2.2.2. But that shouldn't affect the extruder temperatures.

If you don't know how to read gcode, this might be useful (http://reprap.org/wiki/G-code). The only commands you really need to look at are M104 and M109. Everything in the gcode is correct, so I would start looking elsewhere for the problem.
sydios

Hi,

thanks. But i don't think its my printer or octoprint which causes the problem.
Because the issue is just there when i use the new version of simplify, so this was the only variable that changed, when i
go back to the old version there is no more error. So in my opinion something with the software is not right or i made a wrong config in
it.
JoeJ

Ok, well all the software does is create a gcode file which you send to octoprint and your printer. So feel free to point out any differences between the gcode files that you can find. I wasn't able to find anything except what I mentioned above.
printhatter

I had a similar issue a few weeks ago. IIRC the new V3 now selects all profiles when you click 'Prepare to Print!' I had another profile set for the second extruder, and somehow it switched off the temperature setting on the first extruder. All I can suggest is to ensure that you only select that profile , and see if it works better.

HTH
Geoff Sim

The graph you posted shows that the printer has been told to heat to 220 degrees (yellow line).
The lower (orange) line shows the heater cooling down. S3D has not instructed it to do so.

The printer has decided to cool down, either on its own or by some external action).
pHrail

I'm having this same issue with S3d 3.1.0 with a Taz 6. Cura it works fine. The set point I switched to 245 to print some Taulman Tech-G and the set point stays at 245 but the hotend is dropping in temp. This doesn't happen with CUra at all, And this happens starting at the 2nd layer at all. WTF is going on here?
CompoundCarl

I would suggest starting a new thread since this one is almost a year old, so likely not relevant anymore. Just create a new topic and attach your 2 gcode files (on that works, and the one that doesn't). That should make it pretty easy for others to help.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”