So hopefully someone can shed some light on what I'm seeing here.
I just recently bought myself a windows netbook for various small jobs (normally a mac man) and installed creator on it as well as my mac. I have however run into a strange problem.
Just for background, I run a Makergear M2 with Vikki LCD and print from the memory card port on the LCD so there is no direct interface between either computer and the printer. Both Macbook and Netbook are running Creator 1.1.5 and I'm using the default makergear m2, PLA, Medium profile on both, extruder settings are the same.
On one of my recent models I ran into major feeding issues. I could hear the Extruder making noises that sounded like skipping and after about 30 minutes the filament just stopped feeding al together. Naturally I thought I had a physical problem and spent a long time checking the feeding system, playing with tension on the extruder drive, changed filament, tried cleaning the Hot head, even bought a new hot head and the problem persisted.
Frustrated I then tried slicing the same model in creator on my mac and printing again. Flawless. No extruder noises, no feeding problems.
I put this down to a poor slice or an error in the Gcode, but I've just gone to print another part sliced by my windows netbook and exactly the same issue occured again. Sliced using my Macbook instead and the part is now printing away flawlessly again.