checktest

Re: Retracts too long with 3.0.2?

Has this bug been fixed? If you keep "Relative extrusion distances" checked (which I have to, to avoid overly long retratctions and jams), then you can't pause the print on Astroprint without the extruder trying to immediately extrude a lot of extra filament. In the meanwhile, I guess I just can't pause my prints...?
pbmax

Good luck getting a reply here... I suggest contacting S3D support directly and letting them know it's a problem for you. The more people that do the more likely they will be to fix it, one would hope.
SimpleScott

What solved this problem for me was changing the "Tool change retraction distance" to 0.00 on the Advanced tab. I first tried selecting the "Relative extrusion distances" option, but that didn't help.

I could be wrong, but It appears to me the value in "Tool change retraction distance" is getting added to retracts when "Perform retraction during wipe movement" is enabled, even with a single extruder and no tool change. In any case, changing the "Tool change retraction distance" to 0.00 eliminated the problem for me.

So if you have a single extruder, give that a try as an alternative workaround.
petertesla

when i set the Tool change retraction distance" to 0.00
i noticed that the Tool change retraction -SPEED- can not set to 0.00
maybe this is a hint for the programmer to solve the retraction too long problem

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”