curious aardvark

Flashforge Creator x - Dual Extrusion - doesn't

Everything goes according to plan, extruder moves to front left. bed & extruders heat up and then - nothing.

I'm pretty sure there's a missing command in the gcode - but as I never managed to get it working with s3d version 2.0 either - I don't know what's missing.
Dual printing works fine from makerware, well i say fine - as fine as makerware prints are compared to s3d prints.
So I know there's nothing wrong with the printer.

I'm running firmware version 1.0 and everything else works fine. So I'm pretty sure it's not that either.
I've tried just using two processes but it just complains that it's not configured for dual print and won't heat up both extruders.

Pretty sure it's an issue with the start up gcode.
Please help
printhatter

Re: Flashforge Creator x - Dual Extrusion - doesn't

Not sure exactly what is causing the issue but can offer some ideas:
are you using the Tools > Dual extrusion wizard?
Is makerware the makerbot software? IIRC on windows it runs a background service, which caused me some problems when trying to run other slicers. If you still have makerware installed then try stopping the service. (Cannot recall the name)

HTH
JoeJ

I Just ran a dual extrusion print on my FF Creator X and it worked fine. I'm just using the stock S3D profile with literally no changes. I used the dual extrusion wizard too.
curious aardvark

Nothing to do with makerware.
I had exactly the same problem with the s3d 2 and the right extruder when i first got s3d. Rectified it by copying the left profile and manually changing all the gcode from tool 1 to tool 0.

With version 3.0 The right profile worked from the s3d profile.
But It's back to the same old problem with the dual extrusion.
Unfortunately I've got nothing to compare it to.

I tried the dual extrusion wizard - like I say worked up until actually coming to print. And then it just sits there with everything heated up.
JoeJ

It's working fine for me. I would try going to the configuration assistant to reload the stock profile from S3D. Perhaps you changed yours.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”