theray

100% Infill problem

Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:40 pm

Hello Guys,

i've found that when 100% infill is set, simplify still print in 2 times normal infill and top/bottom infill. I post a screen for explanation.
test.png
100% infill problem
As you can see there is the bottom infill, and a little border that is the infill. If set <100% it's ok this way but if i set to 100% i expect that it will print togheter with bottom infill. I hope i've explained the concept. Sorry for my bad english!

MasterFX

Re: 100% Infill problem

Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:03 pm

I'm not able to reproduce you problem. What are your exact settings?
Attachments
100_percent.png

theray

Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:33 am

It happens when you have for example 2 boxes one in top of another. Say for example that the first is a 100x100x100mm box and in placed on the bed. The second box is 50x50x50mm and is placed on top of the first box. Now take the layer just under wehere the boxes touch each other. You 'll have the bottom box that is printing the top solid infill and in the middle a sparse infill based on setting because over the first box there0s the second box and there's no need for top infill this part. This works when infill is <100% because top infill and sparse infill has different values. When you set 100% infill these 2 infill has solid infill (considering that both has linear infill) but they will print in 2 differet time as my first post photo show.

The little border of different infill is sparse infill set to 100% because up there the print continue, but in the middle is top infill because the print end in the next layer.

Hope you can undestand else i will post m y factory for example

CompoundCarl

Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:36 am

Well that's because one is infill and the other is the external solid layers. Those things can have different settings, speeds, extrusion amounts, they can even be extruded by different extruders! So I'm not too surprised that they are printed separately.

If you want the entire thing to be printed like the external layers, then just add 999 top and bottom solid layers. That will make everything print solid just like the external solid layers.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”