bapro

Skirt/Brim bug ??

Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:53 am

Hi,
Skirt/Brim does not seem to be affected by the first layer underspeed.
I have difficulty to make it stick. Should it not be printed with the same underspeed?

CompoundCarl

Re: Skirt/Brim bug ??

Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:59 am

A simple test shows that the first layer settings DO affect the skirt/brim on the first layer. Just look at the gcode. For example, if I halve the first layer speed, the speed of the brim cuts in half. So it seems to work fine here.

bapro

Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:25 am

I can see that it changes, but the speed is greater than for other areas. Logically, it should be lower. Compared to the raft's speed it´s 4 times as high. The reason for both is to ensure good adhesion to the building plate.
It seems like raft uses the % of outline underspeed while skirt uses the % of default printing speed.
When I print PLA or ABS it´s mostly no problem. Now I´ve been printing PET-T and it´s been more problematic . Would be great if skirt used the out underspeed as well, function would be improved.
Attachments
Speeds.PNG

AK_Eric

Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:05 pm

I've seen this same issue, and agreed, it'd be nice if it used the underspeed vals of the raft. Or simply had it's own custom underspped val.
Bots:
Makerbot Replicator 2x / Sailfish on Mightyboard
Custom C-Bot / RepRap Firmware on RADDS
Custom Tevo Little Monster / RepRap Firmware on Duet

RapidRabbit

Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:24 am

bapro wrote:I can see that it changes, but the speed is greater than for other areas. Logically, it should be lower. Compared to the raft's speed it´s 4 times as high. The reason for both is to ensure good adhesion to the building plate.
It seems like raft uses the % of outline underspeed while skirt uses the % of default printing speed.
When I print PLA or ABS it´s mostly no problem. Now I´ve been printing PET-T and it´s been more problematic . Would be great if skirt used the out underspeed as well, function would be improved.

I can confirm this is still an issue. Version 3.1.0.
Why is this not fixed yet?

We need more control over Brim/Skirt

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”