pbmax

Re: "Only retract when crossing open spaces" doesn't always

More data!

It seems this problem only occurs when both "Only retract when crossing open space" AND "Avoid crossing outline for travel movements" are checked. If either is checked or neither are checked, retracts off of that support are okay. But if both are checked then the retracts go wonky as shown above.

I'm going to try one or two of my other objects that have this issue to see if unchecking "Avoid crossing outline for travel movements" and leaving "Only retract when crossing open space" checked will produce similar results.
Zorgonaute84

Exact same issue during dual extrusion process.

If "Only retract when crossing open spaces" is checked, there is no retraction between the prime pillar and the part. So for dual extrusion, you have to uncheck this option. But this occured a lot of useless retraction.
Zorgonaute84

Really hope that this issue from 2015 will be fix on the futur "major release"... Seriously, it's the only update I'm waiting for...
Zorgonaute84

Thanks S3D Team, the issue is finaly fixed in the v4.0 !!!!
S3D-Jason

As mentioned above, this issue was fixed in Version 4.0. All of the sample files in this thread now slice correctly in version 4.0.0 and include correct retractions between the prime pillar, ooze shield, supports, etc.

Thank you for reporting the issue!

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”