larod241

Re: Top Layer has not enough overlap over the Infill.

Same problem here... i have gaps into angle infill... :evil: :evil: :evil:
(In)Sanity

I created a new topic with a photo on this issue as I didn't realize this one existed. I wouldn't consider this a bug so much as a design shortcoming. Any updates from the S3D team on if they plan on correcting this issue?

Thanks,

Jeff
ytumer

Bump for visibility. I can't believe this hasn't been fixed in years. Has development completely stopped? I created an account just to reply to this thread. I'm experiencing these exact same issues and find myself using Slic3r more often than not for flat top surfaced parts.
(In)Sanity

ytumer wrote:Bump for visibility. I can't believe this hasn't been fixed in years. Has development completely stopped? I created an account just to reply to this thread. I'm experiencing these exact same issues and find myself using Slic3r more often than not for flat top surfaced parts.
If they play it like most software companies they'll come out with a version 4 "upgrade" for a fee. I consider this a flat out bug.
EdoHamburg

Fixed in v4? Does anyone knowes?
upsm

EdoHamburg wrote:Fixed in v4? Does anyone knowes?
IMO it looks identical as 3.1.1. it will create solid layer under all but innermost perimeter, so if you have the usual 3 perimeter's it will go under outer and middle perimeter only.

Not too bad but far from very strong.

If you go with 5 perimeters it's much better as it will go with outer 4 (only innermost one is not on top of solid)... much better, still not as strong as it could be.

so workaround is to use more perimeters as it goes under all but the innermost one (3.0.0 was iirc going only under outermost one, or not even under that one but touching it on the outside so that was a big change in 3.x.x when it came in) .. I, whenever I can, add a small fillet or chamfer as that often helps
Used cars search engine
  • TT UP Plus 2 / Smoothieware
  • M150 / Smoothieware
  • Custom (mendel) / Smoothieware
  • Custom (darwin) / Smoothieware
  • Custom (darwin) / Marlin
  • Custom (darwin) / Replicape
hypov8

i was having the same issue with top layers and was looking for a solution
since this is a major structure issue i think all slicers should enable this by default
there is a fix designed into cura that simplify3d should have to

top layers should travel extra distance to at least the nearest infill percent of previous layer
eg 15% infill.. then top layer should go past the structure above of AT LEAST 85% of infill distance

failed bridges
working bridges
martintali

Still a problem in V4.0.

What's even worse is that, because of new feature of 'Seamless Process Transitions' you no longer have workaround to break a process in 2 and print a solid layer this way under you first horizontal surface.

It will now 'seamlessly' transfer the process setting without a solid layer in between. Couldn't find a setting to get solid layer back.

So now the only way to avoid gaps in corners of structures extending out of top layers is to use the 'Include solid diaphragm every X layers' and carefully calculating X so that solid layer ends up just under all your horizontal model surfaces.

Or I guess one could now create 3 processes. First normal infill, then 100% infill, and again normal infill and then set them so that 100% infill process aligns for one layer with the horizontal surface that you want to protect.

Too bad. I guess I will need to download Cura and Slic3r and take a look, how much hassle it would be to use these for problematic prints.
pema

Any solution or new information on that topic in meantime?
larod241

Same problem here, and no solution... With Cura, it's perferc...

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”