Viceman

infill for circle prints?

Look at the image attched. How can I turn infill for thin walls so it makes infilss also circles? Not the zigzag pattern which shows. My printer makes awful noise when printing those, and I bet the quality is not as good either.

edit:
I would prefer that wall printed in same way that skirt is printed next to it.
Attachments
bad infill
bad infill
horst.w

Re: infill for circle prints?

There are only 2 perimeters for a wall of 2 mm. Using e.g. 0,40 mm nozzle and 0.48 mm extrusionwidth, that are 0.96 mm and the gap must be filled. That is not a infill pattern from the INFILL-menue.
Fit the number of perimeter and the extrusionwidth to the width of the wall as exact as possible, perhaps consider this when creating the object by CAD. Also put the settings in ADVANCED ... fill gap ... up to 50%.

Horst.w, GER
CompoundCarl

Just set the external fill pattern to concentric or add more outline perimeters
Viceman

CompoundCarl wrote:Just set the external fill pattern to concentric or add more outline perimeters
I tried, but it always does it same way. Only difference I can see is when i put outline perimeter to 1. When I put 2-20 it does it the same way. Even with concentric infill.
CompoundCarl

You should post your factory file if you want more help. Otherwise everyone just has to keep guessing
horst.w

CompoundCarl wrote:Just set the external fill pattern to concentric ...
I dont think so.

>>> viewtopic.php?t=1953 " External Infill Pattern: The top and bottom solid layers will be printed with this choice. ..."

CompoundCarl wrote: ... or add more outline perimeters
That will be the only one solution when I follow my experiences.

horst.w, GER
horst.w

Here are 2 examble pics of my actualy print object.
Normaly I print with 6 perimerters and have no problems with this and there is no gap in the wall of 3 mm by 0.60mm nozzel, extrusionwidth 0.72mm

The main-reason ist the fact, a constructed wall has always an inner and an outer side. Therefore the number of perimeters down to 1 cause always 2 perimeters, one inside and one outside.
The space between this 2 perimeters will be filled

when External Infill is set to Rectilinear like Viceman's question

and
when External Infill is set to Concentric the infill-perimeters fill the gap in dependence of the wall width up to full-infill or let a gap that is than filled with this wobbeling print, Viceman fears.

For both it applies the infill-perimeters are part of solid layers (green colored)

At last here is a pic of my normal print with 6 perimeters. Remark please that you can only see 2 (two) perimeters thats makes 4 lines together. 2 perimeters inside and 2 perimeters outside. The light-blue perimeter ist in contrary to the above green infill part of "Inner-Perimeters".

Viceman

Thanks for the great answers, I must study more. But here's the factory file if someone wants to improve it.
Attachments
SAABLOGO_VEXI - POHJA_logo-1_V3.1_DH_ABSPLA.factory
my fathers day gift for super Saab fan dad (Vexi)
(95.46 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
horst.w

You are printing three STL's at once and there are gaps between the bodys.
There is no bug in S3D, the problems are caused by your assembly of STL's while the STL's itselfes are assemblys of two or more parts.

H.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”