AxMod

Linux Issue - Window changes size

Hi,

I have a strange issue when I click prepare to print. This only happens on my Linux Laptop, not the Desktop, so it seems it's more of an OS version/hardware issue. Basically what happens is after I click prepare to print, the window changes size and I can't click exit preview, this I’ve circumvented with the CTRL + E shortcut, but it's not something that should really be happening.

Laptop Specs:
Screen resolution: 1366x768
3GB RAM, AMD Athlon(tm) II Dual-Core M320
phatcenter77

Re: Linux Issue - Window changes size

I'm having this same issue. It's pretty frustrating. In my case it also removes the slider to preview the toolpaths.

Did you ever find a solution?

i3-4030U CPU
8GB RAM
1366x768
WZ9V

I'm having the same problem on a Laptop with 1366x768 resolution running Linux Mint 17.3
burtbick

I've seen similar things on Ubuntu 14.04 on my notebook and on Mint 17.1 on the desktop I've set up for CAD and printer work.

What I found was that when this happens if I resize the main application window everything corrects. Note that I haven't seen exactly what was described here but I've had issues where exiting from prepare for printing would leave the prepare for printing mode visible and you could not click on anything and have it respond in the UI, but just a very small resize of the application window would then refresh the application and the original model preview would be shown and the UI responded to mouse clicks properly again.

This actually doesn't happen as much on my Mint 17.1 64 bit installation, but happens very frequently on the 32 bit Ubuntu 14.04 installation on my notebook.

So maybe the workaround with resizing the app window will help others.

Burt
phatcenter77

Updated my PC to Ubuntu 16.04 and am still having this issue. I have to manually resize my window every time I move from the model view to the sliced view and back...

Running S3D 3.1.0
Franckidoo

I have the same problem with the window size

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”