spineytoad

recent factory files

Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:19 pm

Finding a previously edited and saved file using "recent factory files" does not work, I have a file called "smallPusher1", when I go to open recent factory files I only get that one, I click save as to goto the directory where that file is stored and there are clearly "smallPusher2" and "smallPusher3", both are newer that the number 1 file. So recent factory files is not working. I am using version 3.0.2

JoeJ

Re: recent factory files

Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:24 am

Works absolutely fine for me. Perhaps you reset your settings or something and cleared out the old recent files.

Run this test. Open the software, and then save a new factory file as Test1.factory. Does it now show up in your recent factory files list? (it works fine for me) Then close and reopen the software. Is it still there (again, works fine here)

dkightley

Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:29 am

Just a thought....

Could it be that the files "smallPusher2" and "smallPusher3" were not created by S3D? The software will only show files that it has created itself.....and not files that have been created by other means.
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net

spineytoad

Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:04 pm

I already tested that, that is why the names end with a 1 or a 2..3, newer versions, the old versions show in the recent files instead of the new ones. In fact yesterday I had to hunt down a more recent file that wasn't in the recent file list I had just used "save as" the night before. And I don't use another slicer with these so it is the same program, that probably wouldn't happen since they end in .factory. Thanx for the suggestions. I did do an upgrade from the previous 3. I may try to reinstall it fresh to see if something is broken from the previous version since no one else has the issue. If you can think of a preference file to delete that might take care of it I'd appreciate it...before I have to re-install it.
thanks

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”