FlashErase

S3D generates wrong code for extruder offset for FF Dreamer

S3D generates a wrong code for the extruder offset for the printer "FlashForge Dreamer".
The generated code:

Code: Select all

M612 X<x1offs> Y<y1offs> ; Set toolhead offsets
will be ignored by the printer. So no correcture of the real offset of the second extruder is
possible.
Only after I included the correct code

Code: Select all

M218 T0 X<x0offs> Y<y0offs>;
M218 T1 X<x1offs> Y<y1offs>;  Set toolhead offsets

manually into the start script it was able me to eleminate the offset of the second extruder
when printing with the dual extruder function.
sygyzy

Re: S3D generates wrong code for extruder offset for FF Drea

Is this a bug in the software? Would someone from Simplify3D address this?
CompoundCarl

I've done plenty of dual extrusion prints with mine and never noticed any issues with toolhead offsets. So I can't imagine it's a big problem. The firmware probably already has these offsets setup by default, so you don't really need to set them yourself unless you modify the hardware.
FlashErase

@sygyzy

Yes, this is a software bug.

@CompoundCarl

This is not completely correct. I used my new bought and 100% unmodified Dreamer for a print with both heads and wondering, why there was a X-offset between the printed parts. I found the possibility to fix this offset in the process settings and wondering again because the offset still remain even if the modified offset settings were to see in the generated g-code.
So I read some g-code-tutorials and found a different command for the offset. I inserted this command with the corrected offset by hand in the startup-code and was able to print dual head models with perfect fitting parts at last.
By the way, all parameters except the "x1offs" has to be set to "0".
CompoundCarl

The command is in your starting script, so you can make it send whatever you wish. Personally, I never had any problems with their stock commands, but again, it's easy to edit if you want something else. FF doesn't document these commands, so it's possible they have changed over time and perhaps earlier firmwares used the M613 command.

Either way, if you need to change it, you literally just change "M613" to "M218 T1" in your starting script. It requires 6 keystrokes :D

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”