Amateur6

MG2 V4 rev D filament guide tube issue?

Hi everyone --

Is the guide tube supposed to actually insert into the top of the extruder? Because as shown in the Simplify3D final hardware checks, it appears to do so Image but maybe that's not the case and it's just resting there?

The hole in my M2 appears large enough for the filament but NOT the tube (see attached). Thanks in advance!
Attachments
image.jpeg
CompoundCarl

Re: MG2 V4 rev D filament guide tube issue?

I think it just sits on top
jimc

It just sits on top. Makergaer has been like this fir years but if you check their github they might have the most current filament drive file posted which does have a hole to support the guide tube
dkightley

The Makerbot Rep2 has a hole that is supposed to take the filament guide tube, but on both of my bots, the guide tube jumps out as soon as the print head starts to move around....and I've never had any issues that can be attributed to the end of the tube dancing up and down as filament retracts and feeds!

I've even had it come adrift at the other end and the tube has floated around being held between the top of the print head and the filament spool....and the print was unaffected.
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
Amateur6

Fantastic, thanks for the replies everyone!
dkightley wrote:...and I've never had any issues that can be attributed to the end of the tube dancing up and down as filament retracts and feeds! I've even had it come adrift at the other end and the tube has floated around being held between the top of the print head and the filament spool....and the print was unaffected.
And thanks for the extra reassurance, dkightley!

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”