Wellcoms

No retraction between processes

I am currently printing several objects with 2 identical processes except for one object there is a raft instead of a skirt for the others.
I am noticing that no retraction is being performed when the extruder is going to and away from the lone rafted object (process 2).

The processes were sliced in continuous printing mode.
Both processes have extraction on.
I'm using V3.0.2

Is that a bug or is there something wrong in my configuration ?
Lightcycle_Windows.factory
(221.12 KiB) Downloaded 244 times
Wellcoms

Re: No retraction between processes

I just noticed something that may be related:
It seems that there is no retraction between the last support and the next outline.
Wellcoms

Sadly the bug still there in V3.1.1
No retraction.jpg
Badbullet

I just noticed I have a bunch of strings coming from a support. Watching the gear during retraction, it does nothing at the end of the support. I have support every other layer, and this is the only support. I noticed on detailed figures with lots of supports that I was getting strings as well. Calibration tests printed fine (no supports), and figures without supports printed fine, so I thought I was going crazy. Hopefully this bug gets squashed soon.
Zorgonaute84

I have the same issue between the prime pillar and the part.

Try to uncheck the option "only retract when crossing open space". With this option uncheck, my issue is fixed, but I have much more retractions than I expect :-(
Zorgonaute84

I write a mail to the support team about this issue. Hope they find quickly a solution for that.
TopHATTwaffle

May 2018 - still not fixed...
rrdavis

Your factory file works fine for me in the latest 4.0.1 version. When I load it there is clearly a retraction when it moves to each process, and then it does a wiping retraction right before leaving the process. So it appears to work fine in the current version.

Try re-downloading the latest installer from their website and if you're still having trouble, post a screenshot and mention the exact line number where you are seeing the issue.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”