SteveIsHeer

Preview screen build table wrong size

Hi all,

I just ran into an issue where I was scaling a model up so it filled most of the build table in the preview mode but when I started to print the model the print head went way off the table. Upon looking closer at the preview mode table, it became apparent that it did not render the table to the specs I input for my build platform settings. My build table is 250 diameter but the clamps take up some of the outer edge so to be safe I input my build table as 230 diameter in the settings to avoid the clamps. After seeing the print head go off the table I counted the size of the preview mode's table's grid spacing and it is showing on screen as over 300mm diameter. I thought it rendered the virtual preview table based on the actual size you input in the machine settings in the Options in the tools menu. This also explains why the print head goes way off the table when trying to level the bed using the wizard. Anyone know how to fix the virtual tables display size to properly reflect the actual build table??? or is this even possible. Seems weird to provide a table that is not representative of the actual hardware...
It show's to go you how feelish you fool when your tang is all tungled up and you bart stalking tackwards!
CompoundCarl

Re: Preview screen build table wrong size

For delta machines, you set the X and Y machine size to be the smallest square that would fit inside your circular plate. So just multiply your bed diameter by 0.707 and enter that value for the X and Y size. Then everything will be correct.

There's plenty of threads about this on the forum if you want more explanation. Many delta printers used to have square beds, so that's probably why it's setup this way.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”