nerys

Perimeters not adhering to each other

I am having a problem with weak parts. this is why I try to do everything in vase spiral single outline mode they come out MUCH stronger.

I have brittle layers when I use normal mode for a hollow object. I think part of this is my perimeters are not ADHERING to each other.

Here is a video showing what I am talking about. the perimeters are "distinct" instead of melted into one thicker perimeter.

how do I fix this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83z-WSFZuP0
jimc

Re: Perimeters not adhering to each other

Your under extruding. You have not calibrated your filament dia and ext multiplier correctly
nerys

I just changed the diameter to 1.69 to match the filament

The part i am printing now is unrepresentative so i dont expect a difference but i will try the type ofnproblem tonight

I tried messing with the extruder multiplier but it didi not seem to make a difference. I raised it from .95 to 1.15 with no apparent changed. Do i need to change it in larger steps?

Why do some parts come out absolutely perfectly and some not ? I printed the little marvin and its damned near perfect ?? I mean i did not think my printer could do that nicely and its not only nice its spectacular to me at least.
dkightley

I tried messing with the extruder multiplier but it didi not seem to make a difference. I raised it from .95 to 1.15 with no apparent changed. Do i need to change it in larger steps?
Randomly changing settings without understanding the effect or reason for the change will only lead to frustration and lots of wasted prints. I would seriously recommend you download and read the Tips document from this thread. At least then you'll be able to understand the effect of changing settings and what each setting actually does.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5053
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
nerys

Exactly. On top of that i have only half a clue what i am doing. So i have a "stock" process ie the way simplify set it up initially.

Then i only change ONE setting and test so i can try to see what it does. I altered the multiplier because someone told me to.

Now. What happens when i get different widths in different parts of the same model for no apparent reason. Its not filament since the change is coincident to the model and not place time or filament.

Ie the same part of the model is always thicker and the same part of the model is always thinner. Consistently. This would not be the case if it was variance in filament.

In fact i have one piece where 90% of the model is a desired 1mm thick (i now think this is the abnormal part of the model after reading the pdf you linked too which would also explain the rougher finish on these thicker parts) and the thinner part of the model is "correct" as per the settings (and has a nice clean finish). The other part is for some reason printing extra thin/weak. Look at my other video just before that one to see what i mean.

https://youtu.be/FVmNem_5Z3Y

What is causing the wall thickness to change mid print? I dont think its the model since i am printing vase spiral mode. But for some reason when printing non circles i get 1mm thick wall but when peinting a circle with no deviation i get .54mm even in the very same print. When it dips below .5mm is when the parts fail and become brittle. Auch as the mod secrion of the rocket. For some reason with zero sertings change it prints that entire section 125mm long at .48mm and it just crumbles.

The bottom it prints at 1mm for some reason and then at the top when it goes full circularized it prints at .54mm

The nose portion it prints at .54mm and its thin but still strong and flexible but then reverts to 1mm thick at the tip of the cone for some reason. You can even hear the tone of the printer change at this point ie its by command.

And then i print a marvin and it comes out absolutely stunning. Same settings. Very weird.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”