magnus_stand

Help with printing settings. PLEASE

Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:57 pm

So I am printing a circular object with pegs on the top.
Everything prints perfectly until it gets to the top.
The machine has to go back and fourth to the pegs and causes the pegs to not get formed correctly.
I do not know what to do to allow the pegs to get printed one at a time fully before going to the next one.
Someone please help.
rickyscellphone@gmail.com

CompoundCarl

Re: Help with printing settings. PLEASE

Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:20 am

It would help a lot if you could post some pictures of the print. That will make it easier to give suggestions. May also be good to include your factory file (go to File > Save Factory File)

zemlin

Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:54 pm

If I'm visualizing your part correctly, you're not going to get it to print one peg at a time. These machines work by printing one layer at a time and everything on the part gets printed at that height before moving to the next layer.

KC_703

Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:17 pm

I'm guessing the pegs are pretty thin with a small surface... which is not cooling enough or setting before the nozzle returns to print the next layer. Try a little more fan (ie 5-10%) or reduce the extrusion temp by a 2-5C.

Alternatively, try the different options in the "Cooling" tab. I usually have the Speed Override checked, but you may want to set the Fan Override... specifically the time per layer to increase fan a bit.

What material are you printing? For ABS you probably don't want 100%... maybe a 70% max.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”