srgkogkodgk

Config profiles not downloading from server

Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:40 pm

Hi everyone -

so this is in response to a post from the 3D Printing group on facebook regarding the Config files not downloading via the Help menu for some users - but not the majority it seems.

So - has anyone had this problem and managed to troubleshoot it successfully?

If it is a network problem - ie i "need to check my settings" - what does that mean - what settings? everything else that i use on the internet works just fine right now - and i have this problem at home and on other networks out and about - which suggests it's a problem with my computer / firewall etc. - i have set my firewall to allow incoming etc - no dice.... .so .... anyhow
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-04-27 at 6.16.43 PM.png
screen grab from S3D

CompoundCarl

Re: Config profiles not downloading from server

Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:07 am

Works fine for me. I would just email their support team (https://www.simplify3d.com/contact-us/). They can help sort out if it's a connection issue or something else.

tomlog

Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:39 pm

Yea that was me that posted on Facebook. And if you contact support all they are willing to do is send you a profile. They will not fix the problem and if you push them to fix it they will just ignore you.

tomlog

Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:18 pm

Well finally got a reply from so called support and they told me they would not fix the problem until some future software update. What a joke this company is.

srgkogkodgk

Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:40 pm

CompoundCarl wrote:Works fine for me. I would just email their support team (https://www.simplify3d.com/contact-us/). They can help sort out if it's a connection issue or something else.
i just created a support ticket / request - hopefully we can get this fixed. it's probably some setting on my machine - but i don't know where to start looking.

srgkogkodgk

Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:41 pm

tomlog wrote:Yea that was me that posted on Facebook. And if you contact support all they are willing to do is send you a profile. They will not fix the problem and if you push them to fix it they will just ignore you.
yeah. it's annoying. i just put a new support request in. let's see how the system works.

srgkogkodgk

Sun May 01, 2016 8:31 pm

tomlog wrote:Well finally got a reply from so called support and they told me they would not fix the problem until some future software update. What a joke this company is.
the irony is i actually need a profile right now that won't load. fun times. you don't have the ultimaker extended profile by any chance do you?

CazRebach

Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:45 pm

Hello, everyone. I would try bugging customer service again about this problem. I just got it fixed. I've been dealing with the same issue for the past few months. I dealt with them once before and only got a single profile for the printer I need to use. On a whim, I decided to try once again. After a few back and forth emails, I received one saying,"We had a look into your account and everything should be working correctly with your first account." And boom like magic all the profiles work again.

Very happy to be able to use my favorite slicing software again!

kabali16

Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:52 am

Happened to me in the past. I ended up creating my own profile from the Configuration Assistant's custom setting. Worked just well for the 2 printers I needed (Printrbot Simple metal and Rostock maxv2)
Kabali daww!!
Prusa i3 | Kossel
Simplify3D | Cura | Repetier Host | Octoprint

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”