dalew8abz
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio USA (4 mi. from MakerGear HQ!)

Creator 1.0.5 on Linux Mint 13 install issues

I'm trying to install Creator 1.0.5 on Linux Mint 13 (Cinnamon 64-bit) and on Windows XP (32--bit, a VMWare image, SP3).

First, I installed on Linux. I was able to start Creator the FIRST time. I entered my license key, which was NOT accepted (although it was accepted on the website to allow downloading the software). Got the 14-day grace period box, then I was able to see the Creator workspace. Tried to enter the key a couple more times -- just in case I was copy/pasting wrong --- no luck. I closed Creator. Since then, when I open it, I get the 14-day grace dialog, but on clicking OK, it disappears and nothing happens. No S3DC workspace. No way to go back in to try entering a new key even if I get one. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it remembers the 14-day grace through an uninstall/reinstall cycle and will not open.

Then I installed on Windows. The bad news is it won't take my key either. The good news is it does open so that if I get a new key, I'll be able to enter it.

Any way to do a COMPLETE uninstall on Linux (including hidden "registry" (grace flag) file so I can retry the install (with a new key, if you could send one)?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Dale
Simplify3D
Site Admin

Re: Creator 1.0.5 on Linux Mint 13 install issues

There should be no issues installing on either of those platforms (and we've actually tested both including Mint Cinnamon 13, 64-bit). I sent you an email to investigate further.
dalew8abz
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio USA (4 mi. from MakerGear HQ!)

Re: Creator 1.0.5 on Linux Mint 13 install issues

Thanks for the direct e-mail. The Windows issue you identified was correct, and installation and activation on my Windows 7 64-bit OS drive was successful.

No luck on Mint, however. I've got it in a state now where, after reinstall, the S3DC icon is NOT placed on the desktop. (It was on the first few install attempts.) I reinstalled and selected to start at the end of installation, still won't accept my key. And when I exit the software, I get an error message ( "There has been an error. Error running /opt/S3DCreator-1.0.5/S3DCreator : child process exited abnormally The application will exit now. [OK]" ) and cannot start S3CD again. It remembers the lack of activation across uninstall / reinstall, as I now have 12 days left.

I ran Mint Update and accepted all the 3-level updates (system showed "up to date" because there were no 1-level and 2-level updates required). No change.

Hardware is Dell E6500 6GB RAM, 256 GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD, 1920x1200 display, etc.

I haven't tried this yet, but I could put in a spare hard drive and install a clean Mint 13 or 14 setup (Cinnamon, or MATE, or XFCE, or KDE, or LMDE-Cinnamon, or LMDE-MATE, or even Zorin or Elementary, or......).

Thanks for support up to this point --- we'll get it one way or another!
Dale

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”