Geoff

Text Output has Changed

I am using Simplify3D with a Cubepro. Everything was going fine and then one day the Cubepro started rejecting the files. I found the fault to be in the first ten lines on the file. When I superimposed the first ten lines from an old file (that works) onto a new file it worked. I used text editor called "NotePad ++" and found that the new file has extra line feeds and carriage returns between each line. (The extra LF's and and CR's are between every line in the file but the files "readablitiy" is only affected by the first ten lines.) See the examples below.

This is the "old" output which works
^Firmware:V1.10 CR LF
^Minfirmware:V1.00 CR LF
^DRM:000000000000 CR LF
^PrinterModel:CUBEPRO CR LF
^MaterialCodeE1:259 CR LF
^MaterialCodeE2:-1 CR LF
^MaterialCodeE3:-1 CR LF
^MaterialLengthE1: 1 CR LF
^MaterialLengthE2: 0.000 CR LF
^MaterialLengthE3: 0.000 CR LF

This is the "new" output which does not works
^Firmware:V1.10 CR LF
CR LF
^Minfirmware:V1.00 CR LF
CR LF
^DRM:000000000000 CR LF
CR LF
^PrinterModel:CUBEPRO CR LF
CR LF
^MaterialCodeE1:259 CR LF
CR LF
^MaterialCodeE2:-1 CR LF
CR LF
^MaterialCodeE3:-1 CR LF
CR LF
^MaterialLengthE1: 1 CR LF
CR LF
^MaterialLengthE2: 0.000 CR LF
CR LF
^MaterialLengthE3: 0.000 CR LF

I don't recall changing any of the settings but something has changed. Can anyone suggest a solution so that Simpliy3D outputs the files without the extra line feeds and carriage returns?
CompoundCarl

Re: Text Output has Changed

The 3.1 version of S3D now has bundled profiles for the CubePro. So go to Help > Configuration Assistant, and make sure you are using their new profiles. I don't have any issues with extra carriage returns when using those profiles.
jeremyn

Just starting to try to use a CubePro with S3D. However, when I use the bundled CubePro profile, when I save the toolpaths to disk, it saves it as a BFB file. However, those BFB files don't show up when plug the USB stick into the printer. From another thread somewhere, I did find a "CodeX" program that converts the BFB to a .cubepro file, but is there a way to do it all from S3D without that extra external conversion step? I want to make this as easy as possible for students to use the CubePro with S3D.
andrewk72

You can use the "terminal commands for post-processing" section on the Scripts tab to automatically run the convertor when you export the file

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”