ghastendee

Simplify 3D only prints the support material ???

Hi!
I've been having a problem for days now, whevener i try to save an STL-file in Catia V5 and import it into Simplify 3D it looks like this:

BUT when i press "Prepare to print!" It just keeps the support material generated

When i try to print, it prints just the support material. This does not happen with other files than the ones from the Catia V5 i have, for example if i download STL files from thingiverse it looks just fine after i press the button. What do you guys think is the problem? I can clearly see the object before i press the button in Simplify 3D.

Thx
CompoundCarl

Re: Simplify 3D only prints the support material ???

It's probably an issues with the STL file. If you post your file here, others can help
ghastendee

Yeah i've narrowed it down to being that... but the strange thing is that ive been using Catia V5 for creating the files for weeks, and just now suddenly all the files that i save cannot be printed. I also noticed that the whole 3D model has non-manifold surfaces all over the place. Has anyone seen this problem before while using Catia V5 with Simplify 3D?

Il submit the STL file aswell. I could post the Catia file aswell if anyone wants to look at it
Attachments
Yttre ring.stl
(1.82 MiB) Downloaded 262 times
Heutinck

I had this happen once to me. run the model though the online repair. this worked for me.
CompoundCarl

Yes, that STL file has hundreds of errors in it. You will need to fix it before you can print it.
dkightley

Running it through the service works.....
Attachments
Yttre ring_fixed.stl
(171.18 KiB) Downloaded 339 times
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
Lyman535

What service are you talking about? All of a sudden I have files doing the same thing of printing only support material. They are files I have used before so I don't know what happened to them.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”