wirlybird

Extruder light - Target Temp not working in Machine Control

Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:40 pm

When I start a new print the heated bed light comes on and the target temp updates and the bed starts to heat. Then when it is time for the extruder the light does not come on and the target temp does not update but the extruder does heat and the current temp is displayed. The light and target temp used to work.

2016-07-17_12-18-13.jpg

andrewk72

Re: Extruder light - Target Temp not working in Machine Cont

Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:12 am

Well perhaps you accidentally changed the starting script that sends these commands to the printer. Try re-downloading their stock profile by going to help > configuration assistant and selecting your printer from there.

wirlybird

Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:01 pm

Thanks but I completely uninstalled and then re-installed and still the same behavior.

The software is sending the correct info to the printer but the lite in the S3D machine control panel in the software does not come on when the preheat of the extruder starts nor does the target temp update. The current temp however does show correctly.

The lite and target temp for the bed do operate correctly in the software machine control panel.

andrewk72

Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:35 am

It's working fine for me when I print x3g files. Can you post your x3g file? Maybe it's something specific in that file..

wirlybird

Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:46 am

I can try to post something this evening if I get time. I tried it last night and ran my ABS which is on extruder 1 (right extruder tool T0) and it works fine. When I run my PLA setup on extruder 2 (left extruder tool T1) is when the temp light and target temp do not work (display) in the software control panel. Just to clarify, it does send the right info to the printer.
As a note, in my PLA setup I tried changing the bed id to T1 to match the tool id for the left extruder of T1 and then neither light worked. So it seems when I am using the left extruder or one not named T0 then it doesn't work.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”