spottyshowers
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:53 am

Incorrect format bug (Da Vinci 1.0 Pro)

Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:07 am

Since the new update (3.1) on Da Vinci 1.0 Pro printer, i have to use the Configuration Assistant over and over again when i boot up the printer. First upload of the day i install a file, the printer says incompatible file, so after using the Assistant it works fine. All i change in the process are layer thickness and minor changes to infill. Am i just the only one with this anomaly?

CompoundCarl
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:23 am

Re: Incorrect format bug (Da Vinci 1.0 Pro)

Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:58 am

Well, you're the only one that I've heard of (and I have several friends using that same printer). My guess would be that you are either using the wrong profile of you're trying to print the wrong types of files.

The da vinci machines need .3w files, not .gcode or .x3g or anything like that. So go to Help > Configuration Assistant, and select the profile for the 1.0 Pro. Then don't change anything with your process settings. If you import a model, click Prepare to Print, and then print that file over USB, it should work.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”