Rob65

Bug: pop-up window stops printing

This is (not) so funny.

When Simplify3D is printing one job and I start preparing the next job in the Creator window, printing stops each time a pop-up window appears.
So when I want to import a part, the file open dialog stops my print job. Trying to configure a process: the pop-up window with the process settings pauses printing.

Etc.

Printing should be done in a different thread that is not interrupted by other work going on in Creator.
I tend to prepare a next job while printing the current one so this is almost a show stopper for using the build in print option.

Rob
jamesarm97

Re: Bug: pop-up window stops printing

Is this on Windows or a Mac? I know OSX Mavericks has some smart power controls and will / can suspend a program from running if it is in the background. If on Mavericks you can right click on program and Get Info then select Prevent App Nap.
Fozzie

I have experienced this too. I am on a Windows 64 bit PC.
Rob65

This is on Windows.

When running both the machine control panel and the slicer, the machine control panel is not responding as soon as a pop-up window of the slicer is active.
Some of those pop-ups also pause printing, but not all of them.

The work around is to run the program twice, but then I loose the addition of the latest G-code files generated to the G-code library in the machine control panel.
Kenzu

I have this to on windows 8 :-( But normally i print from sdcard, so not a big problem.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”