sreisig1

Layer Shifting Issue

Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:55 pm

Using a FFCP and trying to do a dual color print (and the dual color is a problem in and of its own), but whats casing the uneven layers. Is this layer shifting? How can I fix this? I'm printing at 1.9mm height and 46mm/sec printing speed. Should I lower the speed more since it's a small part? Or speed overrides for layers below " " seconds? What causes this? I hope its not mechanical..

sreisig1

Re: Layer Shifting Issue

Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:39 pm

Ive also started to notice some clicking noises as well, not sure if its related. Ive noticed other parts (different models) I've printed with a similar layer shift issue. Even printed two of the same model and they have the same similar errors in the same spots,, not exact, but close enough to be noticeable.

Coder

Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:16 pm

I had two problems I noticed with clicking.

The printer was trying to feed the filament to fast. I would get layers that look like the top of the red you have.

The other was with curling. The part would curl up and catch in the cooling nozzle. This could also cause problems with motor missing a step to cause the level shifting.

The layer shifting could also be with the stepper motors over heating, stepper diver over heating, belts lose, something mechanically lose, lots off different options here.

sreisig1

Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:18 am

Thanks, yea Im thinking about cleaning the stepper motor out and see if that helps. I doubt it though, because I tried printing it again using just the single extruder in 1 color (the one with the clicking noise) and it came out pretty much fine, a couple lines but not bad. So it looks like its only a dual extrude problem.

Heres a side shot of the dual extrude and then a couple pics of the single color print.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”