curious aardvark

odd one - spontaneous mirroring

So sometimes when I've edited a print profile, I'll go back to the main s3d printbed display and it will mirror in both x & y axis and rearrange the print.
Ordinarily this doesn't cause me any hassle, but when there is text - it's a bit of a bugger.
I can't find any possible setting I might have inadvertently ticked - which isn't to say I didn't - just that I have no idea what it was if I did.

Ah just printed some pieces with text (which is what prompted the thread) now while the text on the print preview and on the model view is mirror reversed. The actual print is not.
Which makes it even weirder that the print preview shows mirrored text in the gcode, but the actal print does not.

It's not every print and it's not every time I change something in the profile.

Anybody have a clue what's going on.

I will say I'm still using version 3.0.0 as I've got my profiles how i like them and can't remember if updating the software buggers them up or not.
Vaguely think going from 2 to 3 wiped everything and I had to start from scratch again.

So idea or info please :-)
CompoundCarl

Re: odd one - spontaneous mirroring

I upgraded from 2.x to 3.0 and from 3.0 to 3.1 and it never touched my profiles. So I'm not sure why it would be any different for you. But to answer your question, make sure that you have the correct "flip build table axis" options checked on the G-Code tab. If you get those wrong, it will reverse the image

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”