boudenoodty

Malyan M180 temperature switched off

Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:42 pm

Hi All,

Have a Malyan M180 since a couple of months and recently moved to Simplify3D for which I'm using version 3.1 for MAC.

Have 2 annoying issues for which I didn't find a solution yet ...

1) After switching on the printer and preheating the head(s) and bed till they have the right temperature, I start printing the x3g file generated with simplify3D from an SD Card. Immediately after having started the print. Temperature for the printhead and the heated bed are set to 0 ... No idea how to resolve this. Looked into the settings and didn't find any parameter switching off the head and/or bed upon start ...

2) after immediately having switched on the temperature for head and printbed ... printer starts printing once set temperatures are reached as expected. However, after a couple of layers being printed ... bed-heating gets switched off again which is pretty annoying printing ABS (and ABS been selected as printing material ...) ...

Any suggestions/ideas where to start looking ?

Your advice and tips will be highly appreciated !

Many thanks and best regards, Yvo

CompoundCarl

Re: Malyan M180 temperature switched off

Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:59 am

Well first, I would go back to Help > Configuration Assistant and re-download the M180 profile. That way you can test their stock profile. After you have done that, you can slice and then export the gcode and x3g file. Open the gcode file in a text editor and you can scroll through and look for any temperature commands. That way you know exactly what's in the x3g file.

If you notice the temperature randomly turning off at layer 5 or something like that, but you don't see any temperature commands around that point in the gcode file, then you have something else going on (maybe an electronics issue?)

zzjlamb

Re: Malyan M180 temperature switched off

Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:32 am

It's been a long time since the original post, but I thought it might help someone if I posted a solution.
I had the same problem with the heated bed turning off after a few layers.
It turns out that there is a setting in Settings on the printer called "HBP Power Save". This "feature" turns off the bed heating after the first five layers! It is hard to see how this could ever be a useful feature.
It needs to unchecked (default is ON). Also, if the Settings are ever reset, it will revert to ON. I've been caught by this a couple of times, so now I check that the setting is still off before printing.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”