funbart

error installing on a Mac

Hi, I just purchased Simplify3D (Mac version, Maverick) , and after unzipping and clicking the installer everything got copied to the Application directory.
First I got the message failed to load a module or so, but the second time, when I try to start the program I got the error "somethings appears to have gone wrong during installation...restart as administrator" But I've got administrator rights!
So, any advice?
Outbound

Re: error installing on a Mac

I think I got this error the first time I installed. It was gone after reinstalling it though.
jimc

i run an imac with the most recent mavericks as well. not that this helps you but i didnt have any errors when installing. been running it 6mos now and i've installed every version since 1.1.5. the only thing i do get is the "not a register developer" notice when i click on the installer so i need to right click on it instead and choose open. other than that it goes right through the sequence without a hitch. i would remove it, download it again then power cycle your mac and try. if you still have trouble send an email to support. they are usually quick to respond.
OldRick

I keep getting an infuriating error message on my Mac with 2.0.1.
"Installation files appear to be corrupt. Please reinstall the application."

I've done so several times with the same result. What the h*** is wrong with the stupid thing? I'm starting to think that this SW is more trouble than it is worth, as I have yet to get a clean print from it, what with bugs like "Random" start points that give vertical seams.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”