OldRick

Random start point isn't

I've got an egg-shaped-standing-on-end piece with no corners to hide the seam, so I check "Use random start point for perimeter outlines".

Unfortunately, while this works for the top and the bottom third of the egg, the start points in the middle area are organized into several 2-3mm long diagonal mini-seams that run near each other diagonally along one side.

While this could be said to be "random" (since random includes every possible sequence) it's not what how anyone rational would describe it. I would describe it as a serious bug, as I can't use S3D with this bug in it. So it's back to Kisslicer again...

I''ve submitted a bug report, but no response yet after a couple of days.
OldRick

Re: Random start point isn't

And no response at all after 5 weeks.
dtwrv6

Re: Random start point isn't

I've found many bugs with this software (so much for paying for a developers time). After trying to post several issues here and only hearing from other users about how to work around the problems, I've given up trying to get any help here. I'm not interested in workarounds, I'm interested in seeing the developer respond. I think this software could be much better if we had any idea that there was an ongoing effort to improve it.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”