difool78

[FIXED] No retraction between ooze shield and part

Hi team,

I am experiencing a big quality issue with dual extrusion setting for soluble supports.

In order to have a good quality for the outer perimeter, I print inside -> out with the same speed between perimeters and only retract when crossing open spaces. Which is the only way to have a good finish for me.
It works fine making retraction only when finishing the outer perimeter or crossing open spaces.

Printing dual, i have enabled ooze shield (and prime pillar). Since I have no retraction between ooze shield and part. This is not acceptable in terms of quality for the outer perimeter.

I have disabled the "only retract when crossing open perimeters", so there is a retraction between the ooze shield and the inner perimeter, fine.
BUT THERE IS ALSO A RETRACTION BETWEEN PERIMETERS CREATING A BLOB AT THE STARTING POINT OF THE OUTER PERIMETER.

As it is fine print, I cannot increase the coasting too much, otherwise I loose details. Negative extra restart distance doesn't help that much.

Currently I cannot sell the parts printed due to that bug ! I've paid a premium for that software and ROI is compromised.

Please provide a fix ASAP ! I'm running 3.1.1 version.

Best regards

David
Zorgonaute84

Re: No retraction between ooze shield and part

I really like to see more and more dual extrusion users (and of course complaints about the missing retractions Pillar -> Part or Shield -> Part) I really hope that the S3D team will fianlly work on it...

+100 for you, and for the moment I recommend to you to use Cura 2 wich is work perfectly on dual extrusion !

Honestly, I don't use S3D since Cura 2 was out. In my case, buying S3D was the same thing as burn 150 dollars. I'm very disapointing because, sincerly I love S3D interface, and Gcode viewer. But if the software is not able to generate a printable GCode, the software is useless...
difool78

Zorgonaute84 wrote:I really like to see more and more dual extrusion users (and of course complaints about the missing retractions Pillar -> Part or Shield -> Part) I really hope that the S3D team will fianlly work on it...

+100 for you, and for the moment I recommend to you to use Cura 2 wich is work perfectly on dual extrusion !

Honestly, I don't use S3D since Cura 2 was out. In my case, buying S3D was the same thing as burn 150 dollars. I'm very disapointing because, sincerly I love S3D interface, and Gcode viewer. But if the software is not able to generate a printable GCode, the software is useless...
Thanks for this support.
I will setup the last version of Cura with dual extrusion, as they have introduced lots of parameters to better control of the pri t. The only drawback is manual support placement not available.

S3D team please review your backlog and sprints ASAP if you want to retain the dual extrusion market.
Zorgonaute84

Issue fixed in the v4.0, thanks for the S3D Team
S3D-Jason

As mentioned above, this issue has now been fixed in Version 4.0.0. Thank you for reporting the problem!

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”