davisn456

Nozzle position during purge

I just started experimenting with this software for the first time this evening. I've noticed a problem where during the startup routine for a print job, the nozzles are in a position at the edge of the built plate, and when it purges, the melted filament runs over the side of the plate. Is there a way to adjust the start position of the nozzles during the warmup initial warmup cycle? Also, in the software that came with my printer, during the purge step, it would move the nozzles so that the blob of melted plastic wouldn't stick to the nozzle when it moves to start the first layer of the print. Is there any way to add that to the startup script, so that it basically spreads the blob of plastic across the corner of the build plate to spread it out a bit? Sorry if that sounds bit silly, I may not be describing it very well. :)
brian442

Re: Nozzle position during purge

I think that's normal. A lot of printers will prime off the bed or something like that.

But if you really want to change it, everything is controlled by the starting script. So just edit that to whatever you want.
kabali16

Re: Nozzle position during purge

davisn456 wrote:I just started experimenting with this software for the first time this evening. I've noticed a problem where during the startup routine for a print job, the nozzles are in a position at the edge of the built plate, and when it purges, the melted filament runs over the side of the plate. Is there a way to adjust the start position of the nozzles during the warmup initial warmup cycle? Also, in the software that came with my printer, during the purge step, it would move the nozzles so that the blob of melted plastic wouldn't stick to the nozzle when it moves to start the first layer of the print. Is there any way to add that to the startup script, so that it basically spreads the blob of plastic across the corner of the build plate to spread it out a bit? Sorry if that sounds bit silly, I may not be describing it very well. :)
Post your starting script here and we can help. Also what printer is this ?
Kabali daww!!
Prusa i3 | Kossel
Simplify3D | Cura | Repetier Host | Octoprint

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”